WHAT IS DBT?
Dialectical Behavior Therapy is an evidence based practice that consists of four (4) distinct modes of treatment: individual therapy, skills coaching, skills group, and team consultation.
Full DBT requires the incorporation of all four (4) modes of treatment described in this pamphlet; anything not meeting this standard is referred to as “DBT Informed”.
Us 2 Behavioral Healthcare offers a robust DBT program. DBT is indicated to treat several diagnoses including:
- Personality disorders
- Self-harming & suicidal behavior
- Post traumatic stress disorder
- Substance use disorders
- Eating disorders
- Those who have not seen progress in other traditional therapy or medication modalities
- Chronic depression and anxiety
*Program eligibility is determined through clinical assessment and is based on appropriate diagnosis, client commitment and motivation, and other factors.
- Individual therapy, 1x a week, for 26 weeks
- Have access to phone coaching
- Skills group, 1x a week, for 20 weeks
- Team of DBT therapists consulting on each case
Clients will meet weekly with their therapist, keeping a diary card to track moods, behaviors, urges, and skills they've utilized. Clients will learn how to apply DBT to daily life.
DBT phone coaching is available and is intended to assist clients with implementing DBT skills before a crisis develops.
Clients will learn how to utilize skills within the four core modules instead of turning to current behaviors that may be impacting them negatively.
DBT therapists come together to review each case, offering encouragement, validation, and problem solving. This means each client has multiple therapists working on their case.